Was scanning my yahoo news and saw a headline that saddened me. "Lesbian cadet quits West Point, cites 'don't ask'" http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100812/ap_on_re_us/us_west_point_lesbian_cadet
This woman is from Findlay, Ohio! It's crazy how something like this can hit so close to home. I am saddened by the fact that anyone should be forced to hide their true self at any time. The 'don't ask don't tell' law is another buffer the government has put up to limit individuality and make it easier for everyone who has a problem with it. Why is our world so full of hate for everyone? I just don't understand it. Can we find it in our hearts to love? Truly love and not love with conditions? I have a feeling until we do so things like this will continue to happen.
You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to ALL who call to you. Psalm 86:5
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment